Dental implants can be the most reliable, secure, and aesthetically pleasing method of replacing missing teeth currently available. They are basically artificial roots made of small medical grade titanium that are surgically placed into jaw bone by an experienced dentist, oral surgeon or periodontist. This procedure may sound uncomfortable, but many patients have very little to no post-operative issues or complaints.
Crowns are then attached to implants and are very natural looking and often enhance a patient’s smile! The great thing about implants is they fill missing spaces that could cause major issues down the line such as shifting, tilting and supraeruption of teeth. They are also great to support dentures so they are more stable. Your doctor will go over implant options with you and determine if you are a good candidate.
What to Expect
Number of Visits and Time Varies by Case
There are many methods for placing implants and your qualified dental surgeon will discuss which is best for your situation. Typically, you will have pictures, digital x-rays and impressions taken to start the process in order to make sure you are a good candidate. If you are, local anesthesia is administered and an implant will be carefully inserted into the bone using special equipment. The gums and bone may be left to heal for a few months depending on the site of the implant.
Once the implant is placed, you can expect the following procedure:
- Around three to six months, your dentist will test the implant and take digital x-rays to ensure the implant has integrated within the bone
- There shouldn’t be any discomfort, but numbing jelly and anesthetic may be delivered for comfort if necessary
- A small attachment will be connected to the implant, which is what will connect your new crown to the implant
- Photos may be taken during this time for color matching accuracy and an impression will be taken and sent to the lab to process your crown
- Once the permanent crown arrives from the lab, it will be tried in and adjustments made to assure proper fit and that your bite is right
- Digital x-rays may be taken to confirm fit as well
- Your permanent crown will be delivered and final adjustments and polish completed
- Post-op instructions will be provided and we will then let you see your beautiful smile
Request an Appointment Today
What Our Patients Are Saying
Today was an awesome experience. Everyone made my seven year old feel super comfortable with her visit. They took the time to explain everything so she knew what to expect.
– Amy M.
Amazing first time visit and so glad I found this dentist. Honest, clean and super capable. You will be glad you went here. He is our new family dentist!
– Eileen B.
Had a really great experience with this office! The staff is all really kind and friendly and the doctor does great work. I’ll definitely be going back there for all my dental work from now on!
– Matt D.
Feel Free to Call Us Today at (512) 646 4505