If bacteria stays on your teeth long enough, it will eat away tooth structure and cause destruction that requires intervention. If caught early enough, all that is needed is a tooth-colored filling placed to protect the tooth.
What to Expect
The number of appointments and amount of time can range depending on how much work is treatment planned. Some fillings don’t require anesthetic to numb the tooth and can be really quick, but your doctor will inform you if that is the case. Otherwise the following is what to expect at your appointment:
- For fillings in the smile zone, a tooth shade may be decided upon together to make sure the filling matches your tooth color
- Nitrous/Sedation can be administered upon request
- For your comfort, numbing jelly and anesthetic may be applied to the areas where work will be done
- After confirming the tooth is ready for treatment, the doctor and assistant will work efficiently and effectively together to remove all of the bacteria and infection using a variety of instruments and handpieces
- After the infection is removed, the doctor will place the filling material and make it permanent by using a blue light
- All that is left is adjustments, polishing and making sure your bite is correct
- Post-op instructions will be provided and we will let you see your beautiful smile
Request an Appointment Today
What Our Patients Are Saying
Today was an awesome experience. Everyone made my seven year old feel super comfortable with her visit. They took the time to explain everything so she knew what to expect.
– Amy M.
Amazing first time visit and so glad I found this dentist. Honest, clean and super capable. You will be glad you went here. He is our new family dentist!
– Eileen B.
Had a really great experience with this office! The staff is all really kind and friendly and the doctor does great work. I’ll definitely be going back there for all my dental work from now on!
– Matt D.
Feel Free to Call Us Today at (512) 646 4505