Bridges follow the same guidelines as crowns, but it’s just that two teeth are prepared instead of just one in order to fill a missing gap. Importance is stressed in filling the space because there are many consequences if it isn’t taken care of. If the space is not treated, teeth may begin to shift, tilt and supraerupt, causing even further and more expensive problems down the line.
Bridges, dentures and implants are great options to permanently fill missing spaces, which the doctor will go over with you to see what your expectations are and provide you recommendations for your situation.
What to Expect
- For bridges in the smile zone, a tooth shade may be decided upon together to make sure the cap matches your tooth color
- Photos may be taken during this time that will be sent to the lab for color matching accuracy
- Nitrous/Sedation can be administered upon request
- For your comfort, numbing jelly and anesthetic may be applied to the areas where work will be done
- An impression will be taken to help create a temporary bridge while your permanent bridge is being created in the lab
- After confirming the teeth are ready for treatment, the doctor and assistant will work efficiently and effectively together to remove all of the bacteria and infection and prepare the teeth to allow a bridge to be placed using a variety of instruments and handpieces with burs
- The doctor may place filling material to build your teeth back up to a support a bridge and once everything is adjusted, a final impression will be taken that the lab will use to make your permanent bridge
- A temporary bridge is then made to protect the teeth during the time the lab is processing your bridge
- Post-op instructions will be provided and your next appointment scheduled for placement of your permanent bridge
- Nitrous nor anesthetic is typically unnecessary for placing the permanent crown, but we will administer if you or the doctor find it necessary
- The temporary bridge will be removed
- The permanent bridge will be tried in and adjustments made to assure proper fit and that your bite is right
- Digital x-rays may be taken to confirm fit as well
- Your permanent crown will be cemented and final adjustments and polish completed
- Post-op instructions will be provided and we will then let you see your beautiful smile
Request an Appointment Today
What Our Patients Are Saying
Today was an awesome experience. Everyone made my seven year old feel super comfortable with her visit. They took the time to explain everything so she knew what to expect.
– Amy M.
Amazing first time visit and so glad I found this dentist. Honest, clean and super capable. You will be glad you went here. He is our new family dentist!
– Eileen B.
Had a really great experience with this office! The staff is all really kind and friendly and the doctor does great work. I’ll definitely be going back there for all my dental work from now on!
– Matt D.
Feel Free to Call Us Today at (512) 646 4505